A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; (Psalm 34:19)
Let’s face it. We will always have a stress factor in our lives. How do you know if it is getting the best of you? These are a few symptoms of an individual who is not dealing with stress very well:
1. Are you generally irritable? (You need to ask someone who lives with you if that is true.)
2. Do you have an ongoing pounding of your heart?
3. Is there a dryness in your throat and mouth?
4. Do you experience impulsive behavior or emotional instability? (That could deal with shopping, and other emotionally driven issues.)
5. Do you have an urge to cry, run away, hide or get away from it all?
6. Do you have an inability to concentrate? Is there a flight of thoughts that just sweep you away?
7. Are you fatigued easily?
8. Do you have floating anxiety where you are worried, or afraid that something is wrong somehow, someplace? You don’t know what it is.
Those are some of the characteristics of a person who is dealing with excessive stress and is not managing it very well.
If we want to live stress free, we must first admit that we are having problems with stress. Jesus said this, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28) In fact, a better translation is, “I will give you relief.” I will give you the ability to be able to breathe in the midst of going through some difficult times in your life. Here is the word for today: Admit it to Jesus and just breathe. Ask Him to help you with His relief, in His way…right now!