On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” (John 20:19)

Imagine the shock that the disciples experienced when they saw Jesus appear before them behind locked doors! If that had happened to you or me, just think how we would have responded. Some of us probably would have fainted, while others of us would have said, “Wow!” Most likely all of us would have been completely speechless and in awe, having a difficult time with the entire experience.

However, the amazing thing is that Jesus said to them, “Peace be with you!” If there was anything they needed at that time, it was peace. Why? Because they had none, whatsoever! Living in fear for their lives, trying to process the death of their Master, and make sense of what the women had told them after they witnessed Jesus in the garden, was just the tip of the iceberg for them.

What about you today? Are you needing that same word from Jesus? Are you in ownership of God’s great peace in your life today? Sometimes, as a follower of Christ, because of what we are going through emotionally, peace seems like only yesterday’s dream. Breathe in today, thanking Jesus for His peace which passes all understanding. Remember, you don’t have to fully understand this truth for peace to be yours right now!

1. Kelly on April 9, 2021 at 4:19 am

I understand peace and how God gives it… I pray daily for it.

2. James W Howell on April 9, 2021 at 7:56 am

Praying For Peace for this world, We definitely need it ! Praise The LORD.

3. Ingrid Harried on April 9, 2021 at 7:59 am

Please Lord take over my mind and give me perfect peace in mist of my trials and tribulations and let me trust in You Lord Jesus only and I thank you in Jesus Christ blood Amen

4. Kenneth M. Bee on April 9, 2021 at 9:25 am

Here is a thought… Jesus appeared behind locked doors and was able to appear and disappear at will…. It was not necessary that the stone be rolled away for Jesus to raise… The stone was rolled away so we could see that Jesus had risen. Interesting, Thank you GOD for helping us to see and believe in the Risen Savior…. HE IS ALIVE,,,,

5. Carolyn Colosimo on April 9, 2021 at 10:38 am

I experience God’s peace at the time of my husbands’ death. Jesus was with me when I needed Him the most in my life. Thank you Jesus. He will never leave us or forsake us.!!

6. John Nano on April 9, 2021 at 5:48 pm