Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. (Revelation 3:2)

When you translate the Koine´ Greek into plain English, it reads like this: He is saying to the church then and to us now, “I am not through with you yet, so wake up and get busy. Nothing you have done is complete yet!” Don’t think you have arrived. None of us as believers have arrived. God does not want you to burn out, but for sure, He doesn’t want you to rust out! Many believers are in danger of rusting out. If you just sit in water long enough, the metal in your spiritual life will turn brown and rusty; and you will lose the strength and ability to move forward in your spiritual life.

God does not want you to sit on your laurels. God does not want you to rest on your yesterdays. He wants you to be alive and well. He is saying that to all of us, “I want you to wake up.”

Then He says this, “I want you to establish remaining things.” What is He referring to? He is describing, “I want you to fan the flame of the basics. Like your faith, like prayer, believe that God will answer and that He is answering right now. I want you to get serious about sharing your faith. Everything that we do for the Kingdom of God is all about sharing our faith, on snowy days, rainy days and sunshiny days. God wants us to be on point.

1. Derrick Mccord on August 1, 2021 at 5:10 am

Amen!!

2. Della M Harper on August 1, 2021 at 5:52 am

We all need to be reminded now and then of what is important.

3. Robert schmieding on August 1, 2021 at 7:52 am

It takes courage to share your Faith, but when you do it is such an exhilarating feeling to know and you are sharing about Christ with someone else

4. Kelly on August 1, 2021 at 8:06 am

I’m not going to get rusty

5. will western on August 1, 2021 at 9:59 am

Well, I’m waking up, truth is the past is JUST the past. Gettin’ excited about TODAY. STILL WORKING ON BEING ON POINT. EVERY DAY IS A NEW START, IT’S SUPER EXCITING.

6. Nancy Guignet Sisk Young on August 1, 2021 at 9:28 pm

Thank you for this inspiring upplifting message. Although I have never hesitatted to share my faith, I am reminded by your message not to slow down due to age and/or other circumstances. We never know how we may help another who needs help at just the correct time for them. It is a beautiful thing to witness when we can see a light brighten in the eyes of someone to whom we have witnessed. I pray I can continue in some small way and not get “rusty”.