“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)

When Jesus was speaking to the disciples (in the first chapter of Acts), He was giving them direction for their lives. He was encouraging them, and reminding them that their lives counted for something. Just like this was true for the disciples, it is true for you and me as well.

Your life counts. There is not a single person on this planet who doesn’t need to hear that. Our lives count and we can make a difference. We were created on purpose, for a purpose. Remember, God did not make a mistake when He put you on this earth.

The significance of your life is not based on just one thing. Your entire life counts. It is not dependent on how much you give financially. It is not centered on how you give your time and energy. It is not focused on what you do for other people. It depends upon the impact of your entire life – your words, your actions, and your interactions.

Maybe you struggle to believe this truth at times. We all wrestle with self-doubt at one time or another. We question why we are here and what our purpose is. Please be encouraged; God created you uniquely and positioned you exactly where He wanted you. He placed you here to bring the most glory and honor to Him. You truly can make a difference with the power of the Holy Spirit inside of you, guiding you and encouraging you forward. I pray that you will believe this truth and live in that strength and power from this day forward.

1. Millie on January 14, 2022 at 5:11 am

2. Kelly galloway on January 14, 2022 at 7:07 am

I do believe this

3. SUSETTE LOUGHNEY on January 14, 2022 at 8:25 am

Amen. I am someone and I matter through Jesus’s eyes.

4. Rae Beth Poston on January 14, 2022 at 9:22 am

God created each of us for a purpose here on Earth. As we go through today, may we pray that God will reveal to us, if he hasn’t already, what He wants us to do here on Earth. We are specially made by Him and created for a reason. Remember God makes no mistakes! You are unique and one of a kind! Jesus loves you!!

5. James W Howell on January 14, 2022 at 12:46 pm

God doesn’t make mistakes, He doesn’t make junk. He Loves Us. PRAISE GOD, Thank YOU JESUS !

6. Kim Vazquez on January 15, 2022 at 4:30 pm

Of course I believe we are children of God and we are all here for a reason and a purpose. But then I think of all of those people in 3rd world countries that dealing with things unimaginable to us. Just surviving daily is a struggle and the only difference between them and us is where they were born. I wonder how they feel about their purpose and probably question everyday why they were chose the have that life? It just makes me wonder, and makes me sad.