Trust over Worry

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” (Matthew 6:25-27)

I read a quote that said, “Once you become a parent, you never stop worrying for the rest of your life.” If you have children, I’m sure you can identify with this statement. We worry about our children. We worry about how they are doing in school. We worry about the decisions they make and the friends they have. We worry about making sure they stay well fed and decently clothed. We worry about making enough money so we can buy them the things they need. We worry about  everything when it comes to our children’s lives.

Jesus made it very clear that worrying doesn’t do any good and is absolutely futile! Worrying will not add a single day to your life, or in any way, make your life any easier. Instead, Jesus tells us to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. When we do that, we will have everything we need.

This is a wise principle that we should apply when it comes to parenting our children. Instead of showing our kids that we are always worried about them, we have the opportunity to set an example by seeking the Lord and trusting Him wholeheartedly. What better lesson could we teach our children than trusting God is always a better option than worrying?

Whenever you start to worry, think about Jesus’ words in Matthew 6. Remember, the Lord provides for the birds and He clothes the flowers, and you are so much more valuable than them. Therefore, He will always provide for you and take care of your concerns. Your only job is to trust Him.

1. Kelly on May 6, 2022 at 4:31 am

And I do

• Kelly epp on May 6, 2022 at 10:01 am

Thanks Dr.Dodd for being my pastor. For the directions you are giving me for life in this world .l wish you would get more time for your Sunday morning messages. Kelly

2. Betty Laughlin on May 6, 2022 at 8:13 am

I know He supplies all my needs. I need to trust Him more to lead me daily. I am depending on Him. more all the time. There are times I need to step back and let Him do His thing

3. Lori on May 6, 2022 at 8:21 am

That’s a timely word, thank you Dr. Dodd.

4. Helen Callis on May 6, 2022 at 10:52 am

I do worry but I do try not to, and Jesus is always with me every minute of my life day and night and I am so thankful for him. Praise Jesus Amen

5. benedict lee on May 6, 2022 at 12:01 pm

I dont worry but I do believe that you need prepare and work for His strength. The birds work all day long feeding on the worms that God has created, the plants reach down all day long to get the nourishment in the dirt God has put into to stay alive. My tomatoes wont grow to nourish my family without the seeds that God has given us, me planting them and cultivate them. God helps those who help themselves. Matthew didnt mean to sit back and it will come to you. God has already provided everything on this earth to feed us and heal us and He will continue as long as we praise Him and follow the path he has set forth. It is Gods judgement however who He will save whether they are good or bad in our eyes so I dont worry. I thank Him every day for the brain he has given me and the knowledge He has given me and do everything i can to apply it to my life, teach my family and society. Thank you Lord for everything you do for me, I will pass it along the best that i can.

6. Susette Loughney on May 6, 2022 at 1:28 pm

Amen. I trust In Jesus. He provides me with everything I need.

7. Vanequa on May 7, 2022 at 2:27 am